Community Service Award
This award recognizes the contributions of Foreign Service youth in their community, whether domestic or overseas. The service can be a one-time project or a combination of service activities.Deadline: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Prizes: First place $2,500, second place $2,000, and honorable mention $1,000. Winners will be honored at the 2023 Youth Awards Ceremony at the Department of State in July.
Eligibility: Any FSYF member currently enrolled elementary, middle, or high school or taking a gap-year prior to age 20; excluding prior winners and those whose parents are FSYF Board members or employees. FSYF family membership dues must be current as of March 22, 2023 for your application to be considered. To join FSYF please see our website at: www.fsyf.org
• Youth may be nominated by anyone who has knowledge of the service, including parents, friends, teachers, or by the youth themselves.
• The nominating sponsor or nominee completes an Entry Form (attached) including required signatures.
• A Narrative, completed by the nominee or by the nominating sponsor, should describe the nominee’s service to the community. Service can be a one-time project or a combination of smaller service activities.
• Nominees who did not write their own Narratives must attach an additional Personal Statement about their service experience.
• An individual photo of the nominee and a photo featuring the nominee involved in their community service (photos in jpg format).
Expectations of Winning Applicants:
• Provide a short bio and personal photo that will appear in various Foreign Service news outlets.
• Permit their essay to be published on the FSYF website and in FSYF publications.
• If present in the Washington, D.C. area in July 2023, attend the Youth Awards Ceremony at Main State.
About the Sponsor: Prizes are made possible by Clements Worldwide, the leading provider of insurance for expatriates, international schools, multinational businesses and relief organizations. Founded in 1947, Clements offers worldwide auto, property, health, life and commercial insurance, directly and through domestic and international brokers. Excellent customer service and superior claims response are enjoyed by customers in more than 170 countries around the globe. www.clements.com
*If you do not have a google account you can email the file to email@example.com.