FSYF organizes periodic family-friendly events in the DC Metro area in order to provide opportunities for FS families to enjoy local sites or activities while also having the opportunity to network and socialize with each other. We try to strike a balance between activities that appeal to families, teens, middle school aged students and younger kids.
FSYF activities seek to meet two important criteria:
- provide participants with a chance to socialize and network
- provide a dose of American history or culture.
Past events have included:
- Candlelight Tour of Mt Vernon
- Ghost Tour of Old Town Alexandria
- Tour of the Capitol
- bike tour of the monuments
- kayaking trip to Roosevelt Island
Would you like to suggest an activity or event? Let us know - we're happy to hear suggestions.
Are you interested in helping FSYF plan and organize an event? Please complete a volunteer form!