'Here, There & Everywhere' is the FSYF quarterly youth newsletter, written by and for Foreign Service kids and teens. It is published once per season. Each issue revolves around a stated theme and consists of articles, poems, short stories, illustrations, photographs and other contributions from Foreign Service youth. It’s a great way for kids to express themselves creatively, share ideas with their Foreign Service peers, and experience the excitement of being published.
Share a story, poem, photo, or artwork centered around the topic of food. You can even share a recipe!
- Theme and Deadline for Spring Issue:
Youth of all ages are encouraged to submit.
- Earn a chance to win a $30 Amazon Gift Card!
- the names of all contributors to a particular issue will be included in a drawing for an Amazon gift card. One winning name will be drawn and the winner will be announced in the newsletter itself. To be fair to all contributors, the same contributor can only win one time per calendar year.
How to Contribute Articles and Illustrations
Simply email your submission to FSYF at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Youth Newsletter Contribution' in the subject line. Please include the following:
- your name
- your age and/or grade
- your school and/or your post
- optional but appreciated: a photo of you and/or your subject (in jpg. format, sent as attachment).
Why Contribute?Students, and especially teens, should consider contributing for the following reasons:
What to Contribute:
- Practice Taking Risks & Getting Involved
- Build or Enhance a Resume
- Provide FS peers with useful information
- Share your Talents
- Inspire your Peers
- Improve your Writing and Creative Skills
- Earn the Chance to Win an Amazon Gift Card! (see below)
We accept all sorts of submissions. Here are a few genres but don't let these suggestions restrict you. You're only limited by your imagination!
- interview with a person of interest at your post
- advice column
- tips for FS kids and teens
- about your post/your school
- about traveling in general
- about staying organized
- about saying goodbye
- about making new friends/welcoming new kids
- about how to survive an evacuation
- about returning to the US
- about staying in touch with extended family
- about summer camp
- about boarding school or college
- about language learning or barriers
- opportunities at your post
- vacation travelogue
- report on an interesting experience or achievement
- recipe from your post
- original photos or artwork
- comic strip
Previous Issues of 'Here, There & Everywhere'
To access the FSYF newsletter archives, please sign in to this website as a member. Our newsletter archives are located in the 'Members Only' section.
Distribution of Newsletters
Newsletters are e-mailed to current FSYF members, the Family Liaison Office and some CLOs overseas. CLOs and Embassy or Consulate newsletter editors are welcome to submit articles or suggestions and we kindly ask that you circulate FSYF information at your post, if at all possible.